On yet another super hot day, I finished a workout and wanted a cool, healthy lunch. A cold soup or a salad seemed like the perfect idea and thankfully I had some super powerful ingredients in the fridge. Out came the brussel sprouts, blueberries and avocados to create the perfect chilled salad with a middle eastern flair.
Not only was this an easy salad to assemble, it also hit all the right notes of spice, sweet and tart rolled into one.
Chilled Brussel Sprouts, Blueberries and Avocado Salad
- 6 Brussels Sprouts thinly sliced
- .5 Avocado cut into cubes
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Berbere
- 1 tsp Pomegranate molasses
- .5 tsp kosher salt
- Place the brussel sprouts, avocado, blueberries in a bowl.
- Whisk the berbere, salt, pomegranate molasses and olive oil.
- Pour on the salad, toss and serve.
- Makes two servings.
If you have a favorite chilled salad recipe using any of these ingredients, we’d love to hear!