It’s my new favorite versatile vegetable and it will only be making an appearance at my local farmers market for a few more weeks. Yes, I’m continuing my love fest with Kohlrabi. These fries are so easy and ready in 25 minutes with hardly any work involved. Our fries disappeared within nanoseconds of appearing on the table.
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and sliced into french fry size sticks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Paprika or hot chilly powder to taste
1. Preheat over to 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Toss the kohlrabi sticks with olive oil, salt, and paprika or chilly powder.
3. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and stick it in the oven.
4. At the halfway mark, flip the kohlrabi sticks and continue baking for the remainder of the time.
5. Remove from oven, rest for a minute at room temperature and serve with your favorite sauce or dip.
Tip: I served mine with a quick dip made by mixing two tbsps of mayonnaise (you can use the vegan kind), with a sprinkle of salt and a nice sprinkle of berbere.