As I stand in front of my fridge eyeing the fruit options to have as a pre-workout snack, the jalapenos, mint and orange grab my attention. I quickly pull them out along with a red onion from the pantry, some salt, pepper and olive oil and assemble the salad pictured above!
The instructions are so simple.
- Peel the skin off an orange and slice into thin rounds.
- Peel the onion and cut about a 1/4 of the onion into thin slices.
- Chop half a jalapeno into thin slices.
- Chop a tbsp or two of mint leaves finely.
- Arrange the oranges, onion and jalapeno on a plate. Garnish with mint leaves, sprinkle with salt and pepper and douse some extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Savor every bite
PS. If headed to the gym, follow-up with mouth wash! That red onion can be potent:)