I’m not a beer drinker. In fact, I don’t even fancy beer. But Guinness is an essential part of the Dublin scene. Arthur Guinness and his achievements are interwoven with the history of the city and his majestic complex is hard to miss when walking across Dublin. So, regardless of whether a pint of the drink appeals to you or not, here are five reasons to live the Guinness experience!
1. You’ll experience some pretty interesting architecture & design – You start your tour in the atrium in the world’s largest pint glass! In fact, there is an impressive, massive custom sculpture in there as well.
2. You pick up lots of factoids on how Guinness is brewed – interesting cocktail conversation material.
3. You can take a walk through time and space and watch Guinness commercials from around the world. (You can kind of feature in one too!)
4. You’ll be lost in the maze of Guinness memorabilia and can drop a pretty Euro! (We had to splurge on a pair of personalized glasses).
5. You will see some of the most panoramic views of Dublin from the Gravity Bar.
Of course, for all you beer lovers, the icing on the cake is the pint you will drink at the end of the tour.
PS. This attraction is a pricey one, but is included in the Dublin Pass. One more reason to get the Pass.
You can learn about the Guinness Storehouse and plan a real or armchair visit here!