No matter how brief your visit is to Dublin, you MUST squeeze in a visit to Kilmainham Gaol. Here are our top 5 reasons for doing so.
– You get an amazing lesson on Irish history in under two hours
– Regardless of whether you like history or not, the stories will move you
– From romance to tragedy, patriotism to hunger, brutality to redemption, you will hear it all
– Your tour guides will be the most passionate story tellers
– You will be transported from fact to fiction when you realize this jail has been featured in many a movie including “In the Name of the Father”
And if you are one of those people who needs pictures to be convinced, take a look at these.
You will need tickets to visit this prison. To learn more about planning a visit, click here.
To read more about the jail, click here.