Our List of Top Las Vegas Experiences
Las Vegas – A city whose name conjures up glitter, glamor,gambling, money and more. The city was never really a must do on my list, just a place I would have liked to visit once to understand why it got so much attention. In the last few years between work and life I have visited this city multiple times. And if someone told me I would never visit Vegas again, I would not shed a tear. But the city certainly gave me a number of memorable experiences that I will cherish forever.
– Walking the strip at night: With a zillion lights flashing and twinkling across the strip, the city looks like it is dressed up for Christmas everyday. I would say people watching on the strip is an experience that is not duplicated in too many other places in the world.
– Watching Love by Cirque du Soleil: We splurged and bought pricey tickets to this show. They were discounted from $170 dollars, but at $110 a ticket, they were not cheap. But, this show was worth every penny and more. The evergreen music of the Beatles, the sets, the talent, the visual effects all made for a jaw dropping, feel happy experience.
– Drinking a Marocchino Caldo at Espressamente Illy at Palazzo: This absolutely divine concoction of chocolate sauce, espresso and milk was recommended by an Italian friend. I absolutely loved this drink and went back multiple times on each visit. In addition, I gorged on crepes, gelato and pastries as well!
– Gambling of course: The only thing I know about gambling is slot machines. And on each visit, I spent a modest amount (read no more than 40 dollars) to spin the slot machines. While I did not win much, being on the floor was fun….you dream a little, you watch a whole bunch of people and you walk away experiencing a crucial slice of Vegas.
– Spotting wedding chapels: This city of quick marriages and divorces has so many chapels along the strip and some of the best entertainment can be had watching the couples heading in and out and speculating on what got them here and how long the marriage would last.
– Skyjump at the Stratosphere: For our adrenaline junkie Siddhi, this was a must do experience and as we watched our daughter free fall from the 108th floor, others looked at us with some level of horror for letting our daughter do this.
– The Fountains of Bellagio: This music, light and water show is staged frequently in the evenings and is a mesmerizing spectacle to behold. Absolutely beautiful and a great way to end a day in Vegas.
We would love to hear back about your favorite Vegas experiences and who knows, it might just tempt me to go back again.