Just this year, work and life have deposited me at the Courtyard Mumbai three times. Having stayed at the JW Marriott in the city not too long ago, I approached this property with a little trepidation. It was the proximity to the international airport and needing a convenient travel base that convinced me to stay. Across my stays, here’s what has made me feel so comfortable that I have been recommending it to family and friends.
- For those who have landed in Mumbai after a long international flight, the last thing you want to do is go stand at a check in counter waiting to get checked in in the middle of the night. At this property, a lovely staff member greeted me, escorted me to my room and handled the paper work within the room. A small gesture, but so appreciated.
- There is a really nice restaurant on site and the breakfast spread is substantial. On arising early after eating insipid meals on a long plane ride, the buffet is a welcoming way to begin your day.
- The concierge team embodies service in everything they do. We asked about getting a local SIM card late at night and they researched it. We needed a car to get around and they recommended the most cost-effective options. We were waiting for a while to have a friend pick us up and they asked if they could make a local call to find out what the hold up was. And when we returned within a few days for a repeat stay, we were welcomed back like some long-lost friends!
- The rooms are spacious, very comfortable, spotless and include free wifi.
- For those who may not have stayed at the Courtyard brand overseas, the Courtyard in Mumbai rivals many a full service Marriott stateside.
I will warn you that the hotel is not located in a pretty part of town. It is on a very congested road and not really a place from which you embark on long walks and see picturesque sights. But if you are staying in town for a short period of time and want a very effective property close to the airport, you would be hard pressed finding a better value for the money than the Courtyard.